Training and Consultancy Services
for anyone involved in Special and Additional Needs
IN HOUSE TRAINING
This course is available at your own premises on a mutually-agreed date. The cost per day is £695 for up to 40 delegates, and £895 for over 40 delegates. Inclusive of all UK travel costs and course materials. Overseas Costs
THIS COURSE IS suitable for teachers and support staff working in class or in small groups with learners with SEND or additional needs including: Autism Spectrum, Attachment Disorders, ADHD, Complex Needs, Learning Difficulties and Social Emotional or Mental Health Needs.
The course will provide practical strategies to help, assess the needs
of individuals, explore the causes and provide strategies to help support and manage disruptive and challenging behaviour.
Areas covered will include: anxiety management, management of strong emotions, help to provide structure for learning and building positive self-esteem. The course will also provide activities to help develop social skills, self-management and reflection for the learner.
THE COURSE WILL COVER:
• Functional analysis – assessing the long term causes of behavioural
• Behaviour management and behaviour support – the short and long
• Practical strategies to respond to frequent behaviour issues
• Activities to help with: structure and focus, anxiety management,
anger issues, social skills and building self esteem
• Identify long term causes of persistent behavioural issues
• Draw up management and support plans for individuals
• Take away strategies to help with assertive communication, setting
rules and expectations and responding to incidents and issues
• Plan and evaluate supporting activities to support developing social
skills, self-management and building self esteem