Training and Consultancy Services
for anyone involved in Special and Additional Needs
IN HOUSE TRAINING
This course is available at your own premises on a mutually-agreed date. The cost per day is £695 for up to 40 delegates, and £895 for over 40 delegates. Inclusive of all UK travel costs and course materials. Overseas Costs
THIS COURSE IS suitable for those working with children or adults who have challenging behaviour, learning difficulties including ASC and no or limited language skills. Many children and adults can only communicate by using their behaviour which sometimes can be anti-social or challenging or causes further barriers to making contact with others.
This course will explore how we can see beyond the behaviour to understand what is being communicated and how to meet the needs of the person. The course will focus on service users with limited verbal skills, and explore ways of responding through sensory activities, movement, sounds and rhythms.
The course will demonstrate how behaviour can be analysed, and how to explore making adjustments to the environment and how making connections with the person can re-route and alter challenging behaviour in the long term. The course will develop techniques associated with intensive interaction, Sherbourne movement, sensory integration, music, play and drama techniques to help provide person centred responses.
THE COURSE WILL COVER:
• Understanding behaviour as communication
• Developing tolerance - the sensory needs of service users
• Making connection - finding appropriate responses
• Maintaining control - the art of creating meaningful dialogue
• Planning intervention and interaction for individuals
• Understand complex behaviour issues
• Apply whole person communication techniques to specific individuals
• Gain skills in providing responses to challenging behaviour
• Plan interventions and interactions with individuals and groups
• How to record progress and impact