Training and Consultancy Services
for anyone involved in Special and Additional Needs
IN HOUSE TRAINING
This course is available at your own premises on a mutually-agreed date. The cost per day is £695 for up to 40 delegates, and £895 for over 40 delegates. Inclusive of all UK travel costs and course materials. Overseas Costs
THIS COURSE IS the next stage after an introductory course. It will assume a working knowledge of the basics of autism and experience of working with people with Autism.
This course will cover the needs of children and young people and adults across the breadth of the Autism Spectrum.
Learning and developing new skills is often very challenging for people on the Autism Spectrum. This course will explore techniques and strategies that enable people with autism to experience new skills and experiences. This will include different styles of communication, the use of structure and step by step approaches to help to make new skills accessible.
The course will also demonstrate resources and strategies to help with developing writing and self-expression and increase the range of social skills.
THE COURSE WILL COVER:
• How the person with autism learns new skills
• How to provide structure to help with learning and retaining new
• The use of social stories and dramas to help develop social skills
• Resources to help with formal skills such as communication,
writing and self-expression
• Making plans to support individuals in specific situations
• Gain knowledge of how autistic people learn new skills and process
• Take away strategies to provide structure and experiences to
• Practice techniques to help develop self-expression
• Draw up intervention and profile plans