Training and Consultancy Services
for anyone involved in Special and Additional Needs
IN HOUSE TRAINING
This course is available at your own premises on a mutually-agreed date. The cost per day is £695 for up to 40 delegates, and £895 for over 40 delegates. Inclusive of all UK travel costs and course materials. Overseas Costs
THIS COURSE IS the next stage after an introductory course. It will assume a working knowledge of the basics of autism and experience of working with people with Autism.
This course will cover the needs of children and young people and adults across the breadth of the Autism Spectrum
There are many co-existing behavioural characteristics associated with autism: Attention Deficit issues, Oppositional Defiance, Pathological Demand Avoidance and Sensory Integration Difficulties. Social communication and processing difficulties can also cause behavioural difficulties.
This course will provide models for behaviour analysis to identify short and long term causes and drivers of behaviours. It will demonstrate activities to support self-regulation of behaviours, sensory integration, as well as techniques to develop self-reflection skills. There will be opportunities to discuss case studies in confidence and templates to draw up proactive behaviour support plans.
THE COURSE WILL COVER:
• Key characteristics of co-existing behavioural conditions including
ADHD, ODD, PDA and SID
• Using functional analysis to identify drivers and skills gaps
• Techniques for managing challenging and re-occurring behaviours
• Resources that provide opportunities for developing self-regulation
• Drawing up behaviour support plans for crises and proactive
• Gain knowledge of common co existing conditions
• Practice in depth functional behavioural analysis
• Evaluate and apply resources to specific behaviours
• Discuss intervention plans for specific individuals